- Techniques/Subjects in Oil and Acrylic Painting Weekly Class - Spring 2022
Techniques/Subjects in Oil and Acrylic Painting Weekly Class - Spring 2022
- Focus on a particular subject each week or two.
- Learn a specific technique suitable to that subject.
- Subjects can include clouds, the marsh, sunsets, reflections, and more suggested by the class.
- Techniques can include knife painting, amping up color, painting more loosely, using mediums to lay color over color, and others suggested by the students.
- Use a step-by-step process for creating colorful landscape paintings that draw the viewer in, no more getting stuck!
- Use value shapes to create compelling compositions
- Mix clean bright colors using a minimum palette that harmonizes colors
- Do a quick drawing exercise at the beginning of each class to warm up
Wednesday afternoons 1PM - 3:30PM
March 9, 16, 23, 30, April 6, 13, 2022
WHO SHOULD SIGN UP:
- Those who have some experience painting in oils or acrylics
- Those who want to paint the landscape
- Those who would like to use the limited palette approach
- Those who want a roadmap for their painting process
- Traditional oils
- Water miscible oils
WHAT YOU GET:
- An individual call with me before the workshop, to go over materials and practice using zoom if you have not taken one of my previous classes
- Six classes via zoom
- My step-by-step (nothing left out) design and painting process for oils and acrylics via a series of exercises
- A synopsis of each days lesson afterwards via email
- My self paced, online course called Confident Drawing for Artists, which will teach you the basic drawing techniques that you need for painting